Ready to Roll!

First I would like to say how concerned I am about the hurricane destruction from Harvey and Irma. My heart goes out to those affected and I believe that, although it seems difficult now, things will turn around and you will be able to rebuild bigger and better!

The cruise I am going on in ten days has been switched from it's Eastern Caribbean destinations (US Virgin Islands, British Virgini Islands, and Bahamas) to a Western Caribbean path. Our new ports include Honduras, Belize, and Mexico.  I have to admit that I am even more excited about these ports since I have never been to these places, but am excited to see the rainforest and ancient ruins, as well as the beach!  I am grateful that I have this amazing opportunity.

Today I was assured that the money I spent reserving my excursions from the eastern islands will be refunded so that I can choose western ones.  I was also notified that our hotel before the cruise will reopen on Monday.

I was very productive today too.  I did two hours of virtual volunteer work for the Idaho Humane Society and some housework.  Looking forward to tomorrow when I will meet my friend for volunteer work in the IHS cattery (I took the Cattery Skills class this weekend), and for later this month when I will make blankets for the cattery for which they are in desparate need!

I also want to say how much I appreciated getting to see my mom, who visited me from Virginia this weekend!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Penpal, Win, Heading Toward a Diagnosis

A Friendly Visit and a Congratulations E-mail